Internships by PINTERN
The team of Pintern Pakistan is providing new internship opportunities to students, who are at the initial stages of their professional career, and looking for their paid/non-paid job internship. The internships are of all kinds, including Business, Engineering, Medical, Law, Designing, Management, Trainings. These internships can either be remote or office based, depending upon the client.
Remote Internship – OTO
Job Title: Backend Engineering Intern
About the job
Present in MENA countries, OTO is a multi-language, all-in-one Shipping Management Software company that helps Ecommerce Stores and Omnichannel brands to ship their e-commerce orders seamlessly with 180+ shipping companies locally and internationally. Our customers are looking for the best way to deal with shipping and OTO provides the easiest one. We are in the journey of not only building MENA’s next global startup, but also solving a global problem, which is shipping! How? Automation is one of our keywords (or OTOmation as we like to write it). Innovation and Automation together make shipping accessible to everyone.
OTO is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. We’re building a culture where amazing people (like you) can do their best work at OTO. We have a no door policy, which means we encourage openness, honesty and respect for the points of view of others. Our Heroes enjoy a challenging environment and they take care of each other, but mostly we all love Pizza – you will know why later 😉
Looking for a company where you can be part of a quick learning team and shaping the future of global e-commerce? Welcome on board!
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Write clean and maintainable code to support the functionality of OTO’s product;
- Collaborate with Senior Backend Engineers and other team members to design, develop and maintain service APIs, and integrate software components to a fully functional software system;
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, and optimize SQL queries to improve database performances;
- Participate in developing backend features for OTO’s applications and contribute to R&D studies for software improvement and new version upgrades;
- Provide technical support to the Customer Success Department on integrations and execute log monitoring to fix integration bugs when needed;
- Work with Product Managers and Senior Backend Engineers to understand OTO’s product vision and requirements, and translate them into technical specifications;
- Contribute to the development of the technical roadmap, and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and best practices in backend development;
- Work with the Senior Backend Engineer to design and implement monitoring and alerting tools that ensure system uptime and performance;
- Any other duties as required by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
For this role, it is essential that you the following requirements and/or skills:
- Availability to work for a full-time, 3-month duration during the semester break
- Interest in a career in the Backend Engineering field
- 2nd or 3rd grade in BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Fluency in English at a professional level
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Eagerness for research, learning and implementation
- Open to the possibility of working with OTO full time upon the completion of the internship period
In OTO, we have adopted the Remote Working culture, where we work from home, favorite coffee shop, on the beach, or at an art museum! You can work from anywhere you like. We are results-driven, and you will be surrounded by aggressive achievers. Keep in mind, we are not able to provide a Sponsorship Visa for this role. Therefore, It is essential that you apply for this position only if you have legal authorization to work in the country in which you are applying.
- No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanagement and our working relationships are based on mutual trust. Having said that, we don’t require our Heroes to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
- Working alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at OTO, but one thing that never changes; your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
- Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing.
Does this sound like you? If so, send your application our way today!!
To apply press the button,
To place your company’s internship post at reasonable rate, contact us on Whatsapp 00923355088550. You can also connect with us to promote your content as we have more than 100 of Whatsapp groups. As we are committing to making One group per University throughout Pakistan.
To visit our home page, click here
Follow us on our Social media channels : Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.